With the shorter days and colder nights, it’s understandable that your energy may be a little lower than in the months that preceded us. The days are short, the colours are spectacular, and somehow, everything just gets a little dirtier.
Here’s a quick, healthy list of DIY cleaning tips for you to get through this beautiful season.
1. No one likes a smelly garburator
Fix that by throwing in homemade frozen tablets of sliced lemons, limes and vinegar. Natural and refreshing, plus the ice sharpens your blades.
2. Having trouble cleaning your shower head?
Fill a baggie of vinegar and lemon essential oil, strap it over the shower head and let it soak overnight. In the morning, you won’t believe that shine.
3. Stop dividing your laundry by colour and use only cold water.
Want to save time, money, and the earth? Cold water saves your fabric, prevents bleeding, and saves 75% of the energy that a warm wash uses.
4. Keep those mops and brooms fresh and clean.
Hang them on a wall organizer instead of on the floor. It keeps bristles intact and mops mildew-free.
5. Don’t neglect the machines that do your washing.
Give your washing machines some love by running them on a hot setting with 1-2 cups of vinegar to blow through all the buildup.
6. When your kitchen sponge starts smelling a little off
Soak it in lemon water and microwave it for two minutes. Goodbye, funky bacteria. Also…
7. The moisture from the lemon juice creates the perfect way to clean your microwave
Just give it a few wipes with an AspenClean Microfiber cloth, and you’re good to go!
8. To keep with the kitchen theme...
Make sure your smoothie machine is 100% clean, put a drop of AspenClean dish soap in some warm water and turn it on for a few minutes! Your smoothies are ready for the next week.
9. Make sure you wash what’s under your linen.
Namely, your actual pillow. Often. Please.
10. Scratched up those floors?
Rub some walnuts over the hardwood baseboards, and after a few minutes, polish those areas. Damage deposit is safe, no matter who's living with you.
If you want to learn more tips, don’t hesitate to read our “Fall cleaning checklist by room.” Finally, if you need help because you feel a bit overwhelmed, book one of the service teams in Vancouver, Toronto or Calgary.